
I first came across this book while working at Barnes & Noble in college. Since then I've fallen in love with Sandra Boynton's charming board books. I ended up buying "Philadelphia Chickens" when I joined a book club for Elizabeth. When the package arrived, I immediately opened the CD accompanying this book and popped it in the CD player.
The CD features celebrities such as Kevin Kline, Meryl Streep, and the Bacon Brothers. . .and it is hilarious! The music is fantastic--from the swinging title track to the bluesy torch song "Nobody Understands Me" to the simple but charming "silly Lullabye" at the end. The lyrics are witty, whimsical, and well-written, just like all of Sandra Boynton's other books.
Shoot--I'll have to cut my critique short, as naptime is fast approaching. But seriously, check out this book/CD--you will love it!
3 comments:
Having been held captive in Holly's car and subjected to this actual cd I can truly say it is one of the funniest and most charming cds for little ones (and Holly knows all the words too!) I am going to get a copy for me to go along with my Maurice Sendak collection--a must have for all families.
Not to be confused with the Eagles, which is the football team!
I've heard this CD and I must say that it is one of the most painful things I've ever heard. I promise to subject Elizabeth to quality music after suffering through Kevin Bacon sing about cows. Don't worry, Bitty. Aunt Kellie has some Better than Ezra on the way.
Post a Comment