To be honest, I really disliked it the first time I saw it. . .
. . .and the second through 114th time I saw it, too. . .
But lately, as Ben is growing up and out of the relative androgyny of early infancy. . .
. . .I have to admit that it's pretty spot-on:
I swear, Ben is noisier and dirtier than either of the girls were at this age. He just. . .YELLS. All the time. He's only got four actual words at the moment (mom, food, car, and ball--what else does a guy need to talk about?), but what he lacks in vocabulary he makes up in volume. He growls, hollers, squeals, and hoots all day long. He can't throw a ball without shouting, or eat without grunting. It's all very entertaining, actually.

And while I'm proud that neither of my girls is terribly fussy about staying tidy and clean, Ben seems to have a unique talent for getting dirty. I think he'd live outdoors if I let him.
Oh, how I love my noisy, dirty little guy. 
2 comments:
Well the saying must ahve SOME truth to it..and Ben (and Trev) are primo examples of that. I never see either one A; clean or B: quiet. They crack me up. GAH! BAH! NAH! And we GET IT!
Then there's my daughter, who offers up her hands to be wiped clean after meals while signing "all done.".
Post a Comment