Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bad Baby Names

I came across this site when I was pregnant with Elizabeth and shared it with a few of you. . .Today I was in need of a laugh and found it again, and figured I'd share the love all around:

Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing

(Disclaimer: The author of this blog accepts no responsibility for damage suffered by your monitor or keyboard should you choose to read the following while drinking or eating.)

4 comments:

Kellie and/or Joseph said...

Kim's sister in law has a daughter named "Kyrie" not like ki-ree-ay, but ky-ree. It sounds like a Japanese man trying to say "Kylie". Anytime Kim mentions her Marni and I say "Ah-so, Kyrie."

She just had another girl and wanted to name her McKinlee Sage.I don't remember what they ended up naming the poor kid, but I know it's horrid. They live in Coalville, apparently everyone there has these awful names.

I'm naming all of my Children Jane and Joe, and numbering from there.

Kellie and/or Joseph said...

I have a list that I kept from my days at Zerop with horrible names. My favorite was LaQuitta.

momila said...

Dad and I had planned our kids names as such: Guierllemo,(sp?) Guiseppi, Giovanni, Gepetto & Lou. So figure where you fall in that list and you have your "real" name. Actually, we thought "Alpenglow" was a nice name for Amy, but thought better of it--just too Woodstocky.

Anonymous said...

I have a list of horrid names that I kept from working at Creative Communications and here are a few, very real, gems:

Paris Francis
Mercedes Binz
Gryffon Dohr (poor kid was even born before Harry Potter came out...bad luck in that case!)

Also, a friend of mine had a friend who worked in the clerk & recorder office found a few gems:

Abcde: pronounced Absidee. Apparently they were worried about her learning to spell her name...

Also a brother and sister from a rodeo-fan family: Justy Cowgirl and Brodeo.

I also thought of a few names that I could do that would be mean to my kids:

Aspen Groves (which I really liked until Holly told me it sounded like a funeral home) and Raven Groves, which sounds like someplace I wouldn't walk through alone at night...