Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Murphy's Law of Toys



A child will prefer to play with a toy in all but its intended purposes. I think there are some others, too--like the more expensive the toy, the less appealing it is to the child. . . And when surrounded by a selection of carefully chosen, age-appropriate toys, the child will inevitably choose to play with the doorstop.

4 comments:

Angela Killpack said...

How true it is!!! :^)

Kellie and/or Joseph said...

Is that baby wearing pink tights? Could she be any greater? I don't think so. The world is about to collapse inward around her because he adorableness is affecting the gravitation of everything else. Did I just make up some words?

Anonymous said...

doesn't that just get you off the hook, though? you can buy her the cheapest junk you can find and you'll have the happiest baby ever--better yet, pick up a rock or a stick out of the back yard and let her have a ball!

The Olson Family said...

Only problem is that at this age she will immediately EAT the rock and stick. . .not to mention the apricot pit/cat poop/piece of bark that she can zero in on faster than a computer-aided missile trained on an enemy aircraft. ;)

But I do think we'll just be getting what my mom suggested for her first birthday--a big cardboard box! :)

(And yes, those *are* pink tights, Aunt Hootie.)