Sunday, April 18, 2010

Quarterly Report

Jared has been dividing his spare time equally between beating "The Legend Of Zelda" and working on the foundation for his man lair the second garage.

Holly is giving the master bedroom a little facelift. It's amazing what a difference a gallon of paint and a few hundred bucks at IKEA can make. Pictures forthcoming. (I was thinking I ought to do a "then and now" post showing the changes we've made to the house since we moved in 3 years ago. But I just can't manage to get all the rooms in the house clean simultaneously. . .)

Elizabeth has a mouthful of loose teeth: two on the bottom that are hanging by a thread, and four more on top in varying stages of moderate looseness. I'm happy to say that the girls are getting along a little better these days. The other night I found them snuggled together on Elizabeth's bed, reading a book:


Anna has proved herself a truly gifted mess-maker. Here's one of the more colorful messes she created while I was busy with the aforementioned paint project:
Yep, that's about it. Working, playing, wrangling the kids. . .Life is good.

5 comments:

Momila said...

As always...so cute.
The other day when Holly, Amy & Kellie were "nesting" together on the small sofa, my mind went back to the "early days" of squabbling and such. To see the 3 of you smashed together and laughing and obviously loving each other...well, there are some great big rewards for motherhood!

Y'all didn't notice, but I was pretty teary eyed.

Love you guys!!

IAmTheWalrus said...

Anna in the paint isn't so bad. I've seen her get worse with a little bit chocolate!

IAmTheWalrus said...

I absolutely love the picture of the "chickens" reading!

Kellie/Joe said...

Your girls!!! They're going to grow up into such stunners.

I think mom has more fond memories of us all when we were kids. You and I may have been buds, but Amy couldn't stand my presence for the first 17 years of my life!

Schmoopasaurus Rex said...

Anna seems to have drawn the Eye of Sauron, you'd better watch out for Nazgul.