Tuesday, April 03, 2007

100 Posts!

I was going to make an entry about something else entirely, but the dashboard indicated that this will be our 100th post. . .Hey, maybe in a few more years Hallmark will come out with a card to commemorate such an occasion, eh? ;)

It's amazing how much Elizabeth has grown in the nearly-two years that I've been blogging. What has struck us time and again is that while so much has changed as she gets older, in many ways she is so very much the same little person we brought home from the hospital: eager, alert, passionate, self-assured, and just very much her own person. . .

It's also amazing to see our own growth as parents during the time Elizabeth has been in our family. I remember feeling discouraged when Elizabeth was a few months old and asking a friend with an older child when it would get easier. Her answer: "Oh, it never gets easier. It just gets different." Truer words were never spoken. Some phases have definitely been more challenging than others, but EVERY phase is one that needs to be appreciated and remembered, because they pass so quickly. I have to say that Jared is better at this than I have, but I'm learning. . .

So, yeah. Happy 100th Post. It's getting late--I decided to celebrate by perusing the archives, which has made me nostalgic. Now I think I'm going to finish the celebration by peeking in at my sleeping kiddo, kissing my husband, and going to bed. :)

6 comments:

B^4 said...

Congratulations, you're officially booo-rrring. I bet the first comic you read every day is Family Circle... admit it! ;)

Schmoopasaurus Rex said...

Well, Brandon, you, too are officially boooooring as you too, talk only of your daughter and her antics.....and yep, it doesn't get easier, it gets different, all the time--even as we become parents to grownups with little ones of their own (actually this is the best part).
Love to all you guys & your better halves XOXO

momila said...

the above comments were somehow posted by momila but under sosie;s name. i seriously have no idea how that happened. weird.
she loves you too, i'm pretty sure.

Kellie and/or Joseph said...

...eager, alert, passionate, self-assured, and just very much her own person. Funny because I believe that the other day Sandra said that Elizabeth was like me and only ONE of those describes Aunt Ta-ay.

I don't care what they say - I don't think you're as boring as Family Circle. If anything, Bitsy makes you even funnier by association.

momila said...

I personally think it's creepy, wierd and wrong that nobody ever grows up on Family Circle.(Circus?) Seriously, who wants to be stuck perpetually in the 2nd grade? Or doing that roaming around the neighborhood thing that the one kid does (you know, the dotted line thing that shows where he went as opposed to where he was supposed to have gone?) And that poor baby! He's been in diapers since the Eisenhower administration!!
Seriously, Bitsy IS the kind of kid who should by rights be living with Kellie. Watch, they'll get a very calm, introspective mellow child who will never require the use of "numbers" to get her in the car seat. Oh, Fate has a wonderful sense of humor.

Kellie and/or Joseph said...

UPDATE