Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Happy Birthday, Elizabeth!



That's right, our little bug is TWO YEARS OLD. We celebrated her birthday by taking her to Temple Square to see the "oh, so beau'ful!" Christmas lights. It was a bit chilly, but Elizabeth had a grand time--she especially liked all the nativity scenes displayed around the plaza.

It's hard to believe that two years ago at this time Elizabeth was just a teeny bundle who did little more than sleep, eat, and poop (though she did PLENTY of those three things, for sure!) Now it seems every day we say goodbye to another part of that baby-ness as she barrels full steam ahead into kidhood. It's bittersweet, really. . .It's so fun to eavesdrop on the conversations she has with herself while she's playing, watch her determinedly try to get dressed "all by'self", and see her zeal for life grow with each passing day. But I find myself eager to rock her to sleep so I can look at that sweet face and think back to those early days we spent in the rocking chair together when she was just that sweet little armful of baby.

Most of the time, life with a toddler is equal parts hilarious and exasperating. Phew. . .I could write a few more volumes on the subject of parenting a toddler, but this'll get you started:

2 comments:

Angela Killpack said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!! Wow I can't believe it has been 2 years! Oh and I TOTALLY agree with the Family Guy clip. :^)

momila said...

We love our Elizabeth! She is so much fun and yep, that Family Guy clip sums it all up....!