Just a brief update while I wait for Jared to return from the grocery store. (I sent him to the store for milk. Because I want ice cream, and he always brings home ice cream when he goes out for milk. Yes, I could buy ice cream, but I seldom do. Besides, part of the fun is seeing what flavor he'll bring home--it's always something different.)
Winter is breathing down our necks. The nights hover around freezing, the days are overcast, and we've already had a couple of snowstorms. The first term of school is over, and we've more or less settled into our groove--although Daylight Saving Time has thrown us for a loop and we're still trying to convince Ben that a 5:30 AM wake-up time is *literally* for the birds.
Ben learned to crawl a few weeks ago, and suddenly I find that my snuggly little buddy has morphed into a supercharged monkey child. Seriously, I break a sweat just trying to get this kid dressed! He's up to 4 teeth now (the top 2 just popped through today) and he loves using them to eat real food (cooked carrots and sweet potatoes, crackers, etc.) as well as anything and everything he finds on the floor on his travels around the house.
Anna is the belle of the preschool ball. It's still just her and a bunch of boys, including one little boy who, according to Anna, "is named Sam, and he's bald, and we want to MARRY each other!" Miss Tiffiny confirms that she and Sam are indeed best buddies.
Elizabeth is thriving in first grade and has asked us to sign her up for violin lessons. I don't know what prompted it, but we're going to give it a try. . .shoot, maybe I'll take them along with her. And then she can embarrass me by picking up Mozart's Minuet in G while my ancient, calcified brain is still learning how to hold the darn thing.
And there's Jared back from the store, so enough updating for now.
Hmm. Strawberry Lemon Delight and Chocolate Cookie Crumble. Decisions, decisions.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Violin? Let's hope she has more talent than her Nonny did. I can still tune a fiddle w/o an "a" b but I never, ever could play the darn thing!
Post a Comment