Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stuff My Kids Say

Elizabeth: (after taking a sip of Sprite) "It just tastes like there's electricity in my mouth!"

Anna: (driving home late one night) "Look. . .when it's bedtime, everyfing SHINES."



One day I took the girls to a store, and as we walked in, somebody walking out triggered the security alarm. Elizabeth asked what that sound was, and I explained: "They put special tags on the clothes, so that if you walk out of the store without paying for the clothes, the alarm goes off." Elizabeth's face lit up and said, "Oh! And if you walk out without the tags, then the alarm goes ON!"



Elizabeth: "Sometimes it feels like there's a bug crawling up my spine."

Anna: (soberly) "Mommy, I don't want snakes on me." (Still not sure what this was all about. There were no snakes, real or otherwise, anywhere NEAR her when she said this. . .)

When Elizabeth first started kindergarten, she was obsessed with "the rules" for the first few weeks. Each day she'd come home and tell me the rules she'd learned--school rules, classroom rules, PE rules, etc. One afternoon she was playing with Anna, who, being three, couldn't care less about rules and such, and refused to do anything Elizabeth told her. Exasperated, Elizabeth looked straight at her and said in her most grown-up voice, "Anna. There. Are. RULES."

Elizabeth: (yawn) "I'm as tired as a bat in the morning. . ."

Anna: "Mommy, you gotfor your purse!" (In Anna-ese, gotfor = forgot)



One afternoon we let the girls play with the hose, and they flooded the lower half of our backyard, transforming it from a dirt pit to a mud pit. They wallowed in the mud for awhile, and when I told Anna it was time to go inside and get into the tub, she would have none of it. "No," she told me, "Let's pretend DIS be da baff-tub!"





4 comments:

Schmoopasaurus Rex said...

Your kids are pretty sassy and adorable :) It's so fun watching their silliness.

Joni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joni said...

SO cute. I love that picture of Anna by the tree! They're adorable in their little red chairs too. :)

Momila said...

Could these little ones be any more adorable??

Why COULDN'T the mud pit be da baff-tubb?