A few weeks ago Anna was happily playing by herself when she poked herself in the eye. Several hours later she was still acting pretty miserable, so Mom took her in to the pediatrician, who confirmed a corneal scratch and sent us home with ointment and an eye patch for our poor little monkey. Thankfully eyes (particularly babies' eyes) heal VERY quickly; by the next day the scratch was gone and Anna was back to her happy self--just in time to cut tooth #4 and start crawling.
I can't understand why Mother Nature designed babies so that they gain mobility right after they learn to pick up tiny objects--but before they've gotten over that urge to put EVERYTHING in their mouths. These days Anna much prefers dust bunnies and tiny balls of lint to anything the Gerber company has to offer. Maybe I should just start scattering Cheerios across the floor. . .
2 comments:
that is, indeed the grumpiest little pirate I've ever seen. poor kid.
ooooohhh...breask a nonny's heart! What a sad little face!
Post a Comment