Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's Not Your Birthday. . .

. . .but it was Elizabeth's. Hard to believe our little Bug is three whole years old already! We celebrated with a family party at our house; a party of which we have no pictures, as Holly was so busy with her "hostess duties" that she forgot to even pick up the camera. She did get a few pictures *before* the festivities, though:



Elizabeth had a fabulous time partying with her cousins. . .As much as she adores our little baby Anna, she also loves playing with her BIG cousins! The day after the party was her actual birthday. . .here she is showing us how old she is now:


The Monday following her birthday, Elizabeth and Anna both went in for checkups. It looks like Anna is following in her Amazon sister's footsteps; both girls are in the top percentiles for height and weight. . .Aside from the typical childhood ills, the girls are quite healthy and doing all the usual kid/baby stuff. Elizabeth is starting to ask us some really interesting questions; last week she was helping Dad shovel the sidewalks and asked him, "Does snow come from Christmas, Daddy?" Anna's vocabulary is still limited to an albeit charming repertoire of babbles, growls, and shrieks. She's cutting her third tooth and trying VERY hard to crawl. Here she is demonstrating her "old man" face. . .Holly says this face reminds her a bit of President Hinckley, in particular:


We started giving Anna some tastes of food. . .so far we've struck out with pears, peaches, and bananas. She'd much rather suck on a washcloth, it seems.


It's amazing how quickly our little girls are growing up. Elizabeth is such a bright and spunky little critter, and Anna is just so darned happy. They truly light up our lives. . .What a privilege it's been to have them in our little family. Happy 3rd birthday, Elizabeth. . .and happy half-birthday, Anna! We love you both!

5 comments:

Kellie/Joe said...

oh...that face! Her eyes couldn't be bigger than when she is a sad little bananalise. And Elizabeth is sure growing up to be a curly-haired-beauty just like her Momma! Can't believe she's 3

Tell Anna I'm so so so sorry that I tried to give her a bottle Friday. Other than how mad she was at me, I think we all had a lovely evening of spagetti, chocolate milk and Muppets. Love you guys!

Angela Killpack said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!! Anna is so cute!

IAmTheWalrus said...

Don't know two more adorable girls. Maybe Brooklyn and Hailey. I feel surrounded by adorable girls! It's what I always wanted.

B^4 said...

I've been surrounded by adorable girls my whole life ;)

momila said...

What a great party....and Anna, you look like a cross between Poppo and Aunt Sarah...those EYES!!
Try putting a little sugar in that fruit, mommy! She looks like you're torturing her!
I'm glad I've been surrounded by adorable girls and now by the adorable boys they brought home!