Tuesday, August 21, 2007

If you only read one book this year. . .

. . .you're in good company, apparently. A recent AP poll showed that one in four Americans didn't read a single book in 2006.

Gasp.

Librarians everywhere are weeping into their lace-edged hankies.

5 comments:

momila said...

Well, The Epperson family probably brought that statistic up all on their own. I, for one, read at LEAST 50 books---more likely in the 70's. Not bragging, just staating the facts, ma'am. How can you LIVE and not have a book currently in the process of being read??? What is WRONG with our country??
(ANd I am NOT counting the multiplke readings of Goodnight Moon or Pajama Time, either!)

Kellie and/or Joseph said...

Well, Mom, if you're reading 50-70 books per year, one would expect that you would catch a pelling error like "staating." hehe

The single book these people read: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

momila said...

Dear Kellie and/or Joseph,
It didn't say people were spelling any better, did it??

Um, pot? PELLING error??
Love,
The kettle

Kellie/Joe said...

I wish i could play that off as if I did it on purpose, but the fact is I am on meth and can't pell.

B^4 said...

Read an entire book? I don't even read the warning labels on my prescription drugs...