Saturday, March 10, 2007

Upstairs



Apparently we picked the right weekend to move--it was the ONE day in about 2 weeks that it didn't snow! The Cruiser is parked in front of the attached garage. . .If you enter the house through the garage, you walk right into the kitchen:



If you walk through the kitchen, you'll find the hallway that leads to the bedrooms. . .and to one of my favorite things in the house--the built-in cupboards in the halls (though I do like that cute curly-haired kid quite a bit too)



Main bathroom. I'm too happy not having to schlep laundry up and down the stairs to comment on how odd it is having the washer and dryer in the bathroom. :)



Master bedroom. It seems like every time we move, our master bedroom gets a bit smaller. This time we also lost *gasp* a closet. We were spoiled in that our apartment and our previous house both had two closets in the master bedroom; now we have to learn to share. Or maybe I'll just make Jared store his clothes in the master bathroom shower.


There are two bedrooms across the hall from the master bedroom, for Elizabeth and New Baby:



Behind the kitchen is the living room. That's Jungle Book playing on the TV, in case you were curious--Elizabeth wanted me to take a picture of her watching the monkeys. . .


The stairway at the back of the living room leads to the basement---but we'll save that for another post. :)

3 comments:

Angela Killpack said...

Wow Holly! It looks great! Everything has a place and it is all neat and clean! We've been in our new house since before Christmas and our place doesn't look that organized yet! Way to go!

Kellie and/or Joseph said...

Floors look shiny. HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK J-RED!!!!! I just realized that J-Red could be you OR Joseph. J(oseph)-Red(man) Freaky.

momila said...

I agree with Kellie--those floors are stunning.....the whole upstairs looks great! I haven't seen it wiht the blinds, tho I did enjoy the whole "fishbowl" effect you had going on!
You ought to show "before & after shots of the basement....it's not bad, but Jared had to knock some decent holes in the walls. Also to show B&B2 where their rooms are;)
And also, HAPPY B-DAY JARED!!