--Daddy is hard at work in the basement, with Elizabeth sitting at his side. She looks up at him and sweetly says, "Thank you for working, Daddy." (As it turns out she was just buttering him up in the hopes he'd give her the hammer he was using. . .)
--After church one Sunday Elizabeth runs down the hall shouting, "I FASTING, Mama!" (Actually, it was Fast Sunday, appropriately enough.)
--We're snacking on sliced apples one afternoon. Elizabeth wiggles her last apple slice around the plate and announces, "It bein' a snake. . .a very CAREFUL snake."
--Mom gives Elizabeth a ball of yarn to play with while she crochets. Elizabeth carts it off saying, "Come on, yarn, don't be sad. . .Let's go!"
Other Elizabethisms:
you = me (yes, it does get confusing!)
YER do it! = I wanna do it!
louding = yelling
louding = yelling
moneys = coins
wiper towel = something to clean up spills
VERY kinda yummy = delicious!
hon = all-purpose word with which to end a sentence, e.g. "Help you, hon."
4 comments:
She is getting so big. I love the curl in her pigtail.
Those are too adorable! I can't wait til Lydia can talk!
Could she look MORE like her momma?
Hey, what about "maybe pizza"?
My favorite??? "I love Uncle Aaron. He gives (you) me a sippy of choca milk. He's a heart sweet"
Post a Comment