
Jared had this Friday off, so we spent all day yesterday and much of today enjoying the lovely spring weather. Elizabeth loves being outside--her new favorite activity is watering the flowers (and the sidewalk, and her shoes. . .)

To the untrained eye this may look like a mere pile of dirt. . .but in reality it's much more. It's a pile of HOMEMADE DIRT! Heh heh. . .Last spring I convinced Jared to build some compost bins, and through the summer and fall we added our yard waste to the pile. I don't know why I wasn't expecting it to work, but I was so surprised and PROUD when I hiked out to the piles yesterday with a shovel to find that the wood chips, leaves, and such had *gasp* actually turned to "dirt"! Jared says he's expecting prize-winning tomatoes from the garden this year. After last year's garden, I'll be happy just to get SOMETHING besides the big healthy crop of weeds we ended up growing last year.

Jared put a fence up on the north side of the front yard. Elizabeth, of course, was right there to "help" him every step of the way. Daddy can't do anything on the weekends without his little shadow right behind him!
3 comments:
She is getting so big. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
I didn't even notice the fence...time to cage that wild beast that lives with you!! The pic if Bits watering in her capri overalls is toooo cute. Love her! (And you guys too!)
Yay, cute Elizabeth! I love the pictures of her helping in the yard. And super congrats on your compost. I've wanted to do one, but our yard is a bit small (but I am ecstatic that we actually have a yard so I can't complain).
Post a Comment